Roses love the warm weather!!
Follow these tips to keep your roses look fabulous this summer.
- Water regularly: Roses need plenty of water, especially during hot summer days. Water the roots deeply once or twice a week, or more frequently if the soil is dry, or the rose has been recently planted. (Yes, you can plant roses in summer!!!)
- Mulch: Spread a 5 to 10cm layer of mulch around the base of the plants to retain moisture and suppress weeds. We recommend Lucerne. However, if unable to get lucerne, pea straw is a good alternative. These mulches also provide nutrients for the roses.
- Fertilize: Use a balanced fertilizer every 4-6 weeks to promote healthy growth and flowering, we recommend Sudden Impact.
- Prune: Cut back dead or diseased growth, and remove spent blooms to encourage new flowers.
- Protect from pests: Watch out for common rose pests such as aphids and blackspot, and treat promptly with an insecticide or fungicide.
Awesome Summer Flowering Roses:
Find products here to help keep your roses looking amazing.
By following these tips, you can keep your roses looking good and blooming throughout the summer.
Newsletter sent through email subscription on 4th February 2023.